NewsScope for December 25, 2006
Barack Obama, Part Two
Several readers requested more info on Barack Obama, and this now becomes possible since we have a few reported birth times. After discarding the more unlikely proposed times, it now appears that the 1:06 pm time relayed by astrologer Frances McEvoy looks best, as explained below*. So Obama's birth data is: August 4, 1961; 1:06 pm; Honolulu, HI, AHST.
Obama delivered his breakthrough speech at the Democratic National Convention on July 26, 2004, as transiting Mars was conjunct his Midheaven and transiting Jupiter sextile his Scorpio Ascendant. The secondary progressions are most revealing of his sudden skyrocketing to fame: the progressed Midheaven at 1 degree Libra was nearly exactly trine his Jupiter while his progressed Ascendant was square Mars, giving him the courage and boldness that was so impressive.
As described here on December 5, Obama's progressed Venus is heading into a conjunction with his Tenth House Uranus, which we know now will be exact on May 13, 2007. This combination is what fuels the excitement surrounding his potential run for the White House. Also, transiting Saturn is conjunct his Midheaven in the same time frame, which feeds his personal ambition.
Meanwhile, transiting Neptune is passing back and forth across his Fourth House cusp throughout 2007, casting a shadow over his candidacy. Lately a number of media stories have questioned whether America is ready for an African-American president. Most disturbing to this astrologer is that Obama’s progressed Mars is in the Twelfth House of secret enemies, and empowered by an octile to Pluto. This aspect increases its trouble-making potential between now and June 2007.
Top Five Astro-Events for January
1. The Full Moon - in Cancer on January 3 is closely aligned with the U.S. Sun, indicating some important national developments. At the same time, transiting Mars opposing the U.S. Mars points to disagreements among the generals about America's direction in Iraq. Watch for key budget cuts, and troubles in the communication and transportation industries.
2. Venus conjunct Chiron - is exact on January 10, and square the U.S. Scorpio Ascendant. Chiron's position here has brought controversy over proposed troop increases; Venus should activate this, perhaps bringing Bush's new policy into the light. Since the U.S. progressed Moon is simultaneously squaring the Scorpio Ascendant, expect widespread disapproval.
3. Mars conjunct Pluto - is exact on January 13, but a powerful influence during the first two weeks of January. This combination in Sagittarius evokes intense feelings of self-righteousness, driving individuals to fight for their cause or religion. Combinations of Mars and Pluto coincide with power struggles, obsessive behavior, and often violent and/or decisive actions.
4. Jupiter square Uranus - is exact on January 22, but an exciting, fast-paced influence from the 15th through the 23rd. Jupiter-Uranus can bring unexpected breakthroughs on a variety of levels, especially in science, but also in politics, business, and military engagements. The added influence of the asteroid Pallas should bring a flurry of announcements from Democratic hopefuls.
5. Mercury, the messenger, is conjunct Neptune and opposite Saturn from January 25-28. As the Mercury-Neptune vibration dominates on the 25th and 26th, expect a wide range of reports, announcements, prospects, and speculative projections. Then, as the Mercury-Saturn aspect takes over on the 27th and 28th, watch the truth come out, and the hard facts undermine the rosier scenarios.
Queen Elizabeth II and Princess Diana
Helen Mirren's marvelous portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in “The Queen” is sure to win her an Oscar nomination for Best Actress. The storyline is not a biography, but a character-driven look into the events following Princess Diana's tragic death. The apparently indifferent Queen was adamant that she owed no words of comfort to her subjects, since Diana and Charles had divorced.
Queen Elizabeth II was born with Capricorn Rising (April 21, 1926; 2:40 am; London), the sign associated with a business-like attitude and a stiff upper lip. This makes responsible Saturn the ruler of her horoscope, and it's found right on her Scorpio Midheaven which defines her public image. Saturn's prominent position here, bolstered by its network of aspects, reigns over her entire chart and the British empire.
Prince Charles and Lady Di were married on July 29, 1981, as transiting Uranus was conjunct the Queen's Saturn and Scorpio Midheaven. Uranus, known as the Awakener, brought a rebellious, uncontrollable vibration into the Royal family in the form of Princess Diana. But then, when transiting Pluto arrived on QE2's Midheaven in December 1992, Diana and Charles separated.
Chiron is strongly placed in the Queen's chart by being conjunct her Sun. Curiously, this Sun-conjunct-Chiron signature is found in all three of her sons' charts. Chiron represents the feeling of being an outsider or wounded in some way: being a Royal does set one off from the crowd. When Diana died on August 31, 1997, transiting Chiron was opposite the Queen's Sun-Chiron, as the notion of being a psychologically-wounded outsider became a national issue.
*This data is rated DD, and must remain speculative until confirmed by his birth certificate. However, the 1:06 pm time fits a prominent politician, with the Sun near the MC. Also, Uranus and Pluto in the Tenth House describe Obama's revolutionary, transformative role as a leader. Obama's October 2002 speech against the pending Iraq war was a revolutionary stance at the time, and was delivered as transiting Uranus opposed natal Uranus, which substantiates the 1:06 pm time. Also, Obama's parents divorced when he was two, and the 1:06 pm chart shows the Pluto-Chiron polarity in the Fourth and